to happen
第三人称
happens
现在进行时
happening
过去式
happened
过去完成时
happened
1
发生, 出现
to come into existence by chance or as a consequence
- An unexpected storm can happen at any time of year.
一场意外的风暴可能在一年中的任何时候发生。
- I never thought such a coincidence would happen to me.
我从未想过这样的巧合会发生在我身上。
- The meeting happened because everyone agreed it was necessary.
会议发生是因为大家都认为这是必要的。
- Sometimes the best ideas happen when you least expect them.
有时候,最好的想法在你最不经意的时候发生。
- Traffic jams happen every morning on the way to work.
每天早上上班的路上都会发生交通堵塞。
2
发生, 碰巧
to occur by chance
- He happened to be busy with a meeting when I stopped by.
我顺路拜访时,他碰巧在开会。
- It happened that a sudden rainstorm disrupted the outdoor concert we were attending.
碰巧一场突如其来的暴雨打乱了我们正在参加的户外音乐会。
- The restaurant happened to be closed when we got there.
我们到那里时,餐厅碰巧关门了。
- The window happened to be open.
窗户碰巧开着。
- It happened that we ran into each other at the festival, even though we hadn’t planned to meet.
发生了我们在节日上偶遇的事,尽管我们没计划见面。
3
知道, 认识
used in questions to politely inquire about the details of an event or situation
及物动词
- Do you happen to know where the nearest pharmacy is?
您知道最近的药店在哪里吗?
- Could you happen to have the report ready for me?
你碰巧能把报告准备好给我吗?
- Is there a chance you happen to have any extra tickets for the concert?
你碰巧有多余的音乐会门票吗?
- Is there any way you happen to have the contact information for the event organizer?
您是否碰巧有活动组织者的联系方式?
- Do you happen to remember the name of that book we discussed?
你还碰巧记得我们讨论过的那本书的名字吗?
4
发生, 恰好是
used to emphasize an unexpected or surprising fact
- That happens to be a very sensitive topic for me.
碰巧那对我来说是一个非常敏感的话题。
- The person you're insulting happens to be my best friend.
你侮辱的那个人恰好是我最好的朋友。
- That happens to be my car you just dented.
碰巧你刚刚撞凹的是我的车。
- You should know that happens to be my personal opinion you’re dismissing.
你应该知道你驳回的恰好是我的个人意见。
- I happen to find history incredibly fascinating, thank you very much.
碰巧我发现历史非常迷人,非常感谢。